Horizontal Top Bar Hive
The horizontal top bar hive is one of the easiest and most enjoyable hives to manage -- especially for the new beekeeper. It features individual bars laid across the top of the hive cavity, allowing bees to attach and build their comb naturally, without the use of a 4-sided frame or foundation. This top bar hive has a full length window for viewing the hive without opening, and a hinged roof that easily lifts out of the way when you need to access the hive. The hive rests securely in the cradle of a four legged stand, elevating the hive to a convenient height for inspections.
Milled in Portland, Oregon and offered in FSC® certified, sustainable kiln-dried Western Red Cedar, the top bar hive includes:
- 41 3/4" long top bar hive body
- 48" long hinged roof featuring shingled design and high pitch for optimal rain runoff
- 28 17 3/8" x 1 3/8" one piece top bars with wedge comb guides
- 2 divider boards
- 1 full length viewing window
- 4 leg, lap joint stand for strength and stability
- 3 bungs (entrance closures/reducers)
- All parts pre-drilled, stainless steel screws and bolts included
Assembly diagram and instructions included.
Read our post Natural Bee Hives.